Dienstag, 10. Mai 2011

RegisterNewUser and Roaming-Users

A while ago, we built an application that automatically registers users in our domino directory when our human resources department hires new employees. Now that we changed all of our users to be roaming users, I thought it would be easy to adapt our script, in order to immediately create roaming users during the registration process. Unfortunately, I encountered a strange error after adding the corresponding code to our script:

.IsRoamingUser = True
.Roamingcleanupsetting = REG_ROAMING_CLEANUP_NEVER
.RoamingServer = strMailSrv
.RoamingSubdir = "roaming/" + strFirstName + strLastName

Executing the agent lead to the error "Agent Manager: Agent
'Copy Of NotesBenutzerAnlage' error: Notes error: File does not exist
(Testermann)".
Since I didn't come up with a solution on my own, I asked IBM for help. Today, Mr. Ortlieb from IBM called me and gave me a crucial tip.
I just had to put some of the Lotus Notes client templates on our server! The following templates did the trick:

bookmark.ntf
feedcontent.ntf
notebook8.ntf
pernames.ntf
roamingdata.ntf

Kommentare:

  1. Here's a related technote:

    https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21230865

    And here's a knowledgebase-collection of articles refering to roaming-user functionality:

    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27003882

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. If you are running Notes 9 you need to have
    notebook9.ntf
    on your Domino server now! The Rest can be the old stuff.

    AntwortenLöschen