Dienstag, 22. Februar 2011

DAOSmgr resync

Today, I had to restore a database from backup to one of our production servers. We're using Tivoli Storage Manager for Lotus Domino and have DAOS enabled for that server.
The documentation says, that a database restore makes it necessary to start a resynchronization of the DAOS catalog. Is it just me who feels uncomfortable about issuing that "tell daosmgr resync" on a production server during the normal office hours? As far as I understand, this means that the DAOSmgr has a look at every single attachment in every single DAOS enabled database  - and this is just because I had to restore one single database?!
I would imagine some kind of interface to DAOS that the backup-software of your choice could use to inform DAOSmgr about the restored database. It should then just walk though that particular database in order to collect the necessary information.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen